Friday, July 15, 2011

Giving you the finger

Last fall I had to get a biopsy done of my nail bed. To get that done, they cut half your nail off. Yes, it is as unpleasant as it sounds. The first attempt consisted of a digital block- basically numbing shots into the side of your finger. (I had previously found out those don't work well on me when I tried to get fresh with my TV and wound up with a filleted finger.) Once the finger is SUPPOSED to be numb, they ram a little bar under your nail and pry it up. If you're numb, no big deal. As for me, I nearly passed out from the pain.

Thankfully they decided to try again with me under full anesthesia. It is amazing how much affect a fingernail can have. I understand why fingernail removal is used for torture. From now on when someone tells me a juicy secret, I have to say, "Your secret is safe with me, as long as no one goes after my fingernails." Or my teeth for that matter, I don't do those either.

Here is a picture, I'll post a better one at some point. Don't worry my nail is all grown back. Took about 5 months.

No comments: