Friday, July 22, 2011

Tomfoolery Report v. 2 n. 5 The Mud Slide

One sunny Friday afternoon at work, a co-worker and I decided to take a walk over to the Bento Truck that was in a parking lot down the street. The parking lot was under construction and the crew had excavated a three or four foot wide strip out of the pavement.
My co-worker jumped across it without any trouble, only a small bit of mud on his shoe. I should have jumped where he jumped.
I landed in another area on the far side and the trench tried to eat my shoe. It sunk in the mud clear up to my sock.

















Over at the Bento Truck people were looking at me funny, after I explained what happened, someone said, "Oh! I thought you accidentally just wore two different shoes." Nice.

After the mud dried, I had one black shoe and one white shoe. I felt like Pee Wee Herman sporting a white shoe.

No comments: